Thursday, April 28, 2011

Pink pink pink and some green

I finished spinning the first half of the fiber I've been working on (not frequently enough, it would seem) since December, and also plying it:


I'm happy about one thing I'll tell you in a minute, but unhappy with the inconsistent size and twist, both resulting from my having overdrafted it.


This is especially sad for me given that the colours are so luscious.  I'd really like to make something with this yarn! but I'm not going to replicate these mistakes in the second half if I can help it, so I'll have to think of something that can cope with consistent yarn in one place, and inconsistent in another.  H'mmmm.

The thing I'm happy about:


I managed to keep some of the self-striping effect this time.  I love the barber pole effect of just randomly attaching fiber as I spin, but as you can see I didn't lose that here either, so I got to learn something new while getting my comfy familiar look at the very same time.

(of course this means I also have to factor in fraternal striping to whatever I make with it, which tends to make me crazy, so I've got even fewer options.  It's going to end up being a small scarf, isn't it... oh well, there are worse things!)

1 comment:

Angela said...

You're so far ahead of me! Your yarn looks beautiful to me, inconsistencies and all. It's what makes it art!